Instances like recording bulk item data against the wrong location, or when relocating a warehouse from one place to another – there’s a need to transfer stock quantity in bulk from one location to another. This can create a complex workflow. For this, EZRentOut enables you to transfer Asset Stock and Inventory items in bulk from one location to another using the excel import functionality.
- To do this, go to Asset Stock Listings Page → Click ‘Import from Excel Sheet’ button on the right → Select ‘Transfer Existing Asset Stock’. This will take you to the upload import file page.
- After uploading the file, you’ll need to map the following columns:
These columns should be present in your import file:
- Asset Stock#
Any of the above two can be present for bulk import.
- Stock From (Location name)
- Stock To (Location name)
- Stock From (Location#)
- Stock To (Location#)
In Stock From and Stock To columns, both or either of the two can be present i.e. Location name or Location#
- Price / unit*
- Total Price*
- Comments (Optional)
*If you have both Price/Unit and Total Price defined and present, precedence will be given to Price/Unit.
- Hit ‘Preview’ when done.
- Hit ‘Transfer’ if the preview is good to go.
- Please ensure that there is enough quantity present in the ‘Stock From’ location column when moving quantities from one location to another. An error will pop up if the import for a specific stock quantity isn’t successful.
- If a ‘Stock To’ location name or location# isn’t defined in the import file, and you have enabled the ‘if not present, create location’ option, the transfer will not be successful for this item. Name such a location as ‘no location’ in your import file for successful data import.
Things you need to know!
- If a location (only Stock To location) isn’t present in your account, you can choose to create it when mapping the columns (as shown in the ‘Map Columns’ image above)
- While importing bulk transfer stock data, you can map only one of the two i.e. either location# or the location name in Stock From and Stock To columns. If the Location name is mapped, location# will be disabled and vice versa.
As explained above, you can follow the same steps to transfer inventory stock in bulk from one location to another.