EZRentOut allow Users to be able to add and return items in a rented out Order. To do this, go to Settings → Company Settings → Policy → Edit Rented Out Orders → Click ‘Enabled’. Hit ‘Update’ at the top of the page.
With this setting enabled, users can also set a present or future rent out date while adding Items and a return date while returning Items from a rented out Order.
This is helpful for companies who want flexibility in rented out Orders. Best suited for partial return scenarios where a Customer wants to add/return one or more items in a Rented Out Order.
As an example, consider a rented out Order with 5 items (2 Assets, 2 Asset Stock, and 1 Inventory). For some reason, the customer has returned 1 Asset and 1 Asset Stock. The Order still hasn’t been completed, but you want to record this activity. This feature will allow you to make adjustments to your rental items and stock quantity accordingly without the hassle of making multiple Orders.
Similarly, with the setting enabled, you can add more items in a Rented Out Order. For the setting to work, you need to select at least one of the options given i.e. For Administrators/For Staff.
Note: This setting only works for present and future Rented Out Orders and does not apply to Orders with past return dates.
Adding Items in a Rented Out Order [How-to]
- Go to a Rented Out Order Details page where you want to add more items. With the setting to edit a Rented Out Order enabled, you will now see a link to ‘Add More Items’ above the Order Line Items Table.
- Click the link to add more items to the Rented Out Order.
- Click the ‘Add’ button and a dialogue box will pop up. You can specify the quantity and location here. Hit ‘Update’.
This is how you add more items to a Rented Out Order. Best for scenarios when you want to add a single item or replacement to a Rented Out Order.
Note: If you’re adding/returning an item from Asset Stock or Inventory, the quantity is adjusted accordingly.
Returning Items in a Rented Out Order – Partial Returns [How-to]
- Go to the Rented Out Order Details page where you want to return items. With the setting to ‘Edit a Rented Out Order’ enabled, you will now see an icon to Return Items on the Order Line Items Table header row.
Click the arrow switch to go to the ‘Return’ mode (see image below).
- Items that can be returned will now have a checkbox shown beside them. Select the items that you would like to return and click the ‘Return’ icon. Hit Return’ to finalize the returned items.
The image below shows what Returned Items look like
The status for items returned will be marked Returned and any damages or additional charges can be added to the total.
Note: The user can change location when returning Assets only. For Asset Stock and Inventory, the user cannot change location when returning Items.
This is how you return items to a Rented Out Order. Mostly, customers use this feature to perform partial returns on Orders with multiple items. For example, it is useful when a Customer wants to return 1 of the 3 items and requests a refund.
Note: If you’re adding/returning an item from Asset stock or Inventory, the quantity is adjusted accordingly. This feature works out for existing or future rented out orders only.
Things to know!
- Rental Pricing for Added/Returned Items:
- Rental rates for an item (added/returned) will play out according to its rental period.Say the rental order was made on October 1st and an item was added on October 2nd in this Rented Out Order. For this additional item, the rental rate will apply to start from October 2nd. Now, if the same item was returned on the 3rd instead of the 5th of October, then the rental pricing will be applied till October 3rd for this item.
- Similarly, Orders rented out at future dates will have different rental rates based on their rental period. For example, if the Order is created on 1st January with a future rented out date of 5th January, then rental rates will be applied from 5th January.
- Note: Assets and Asset stock cannot be returned before the future rented out date. For example, if the future rent out date for an Order is 5th January then all Assets and Asset stocks as part of the Order can be returned after 5th January.
- Columns for ‘State’, ‘Order Dates’, and ‘Duration/Quantity’: To identify, when an item was added or returned to a rented out Order, you can use the State, Order dates, and Duration/Quantity columns.
- Click the two horizontal line icon on the Order Line Items table to customize its view. Here, choose State, Order dates, and Duration/Quantity columns.
Now you can see when an item was added or returned in a rented out Order. See the image below:
- Printout template: You can also customize an Order Printout template by adding the ‘Rental Dates’ element in the Order Line Items section.
- Recurrence: You can add/return an item in recurring Orders as well. When you add/return an item in a rented out order (with recurrence set), the effect takes place in the existing order and the next recurring orders till the end of recurrence.
An item added will automatically appear in all future recurring orders. However, the item returned will not appear in any future recurring orders from there onwards. The stock will be updated accordingly.
- Export Orders in CSV: While exporting Items list from an Order Details page, you can now also export the data on edited rented out orders. The list will show ‘Rental Dates’ data in CSV format.
Learn more about managing Orders in EZRentOut