EZRentOut allow Users to be able to add and return items in a rented out Order. To do this, go to Company Settings → Policy → Edit Rented Out Orders → Click ‘Enabled’. Hit ‘Save Settings’ at the bottom of the page.
With this setting enabled, users can also set a rent out date while adding Items and a return date while returning Items from a rented out Order.
This is helpful for companies who want flexibility in rented out Orders. Best suited for partial return scenarios where a Customer wants to add/return one or more items in a Rented Out Order.
As an example, consider a rented out Order with 5 items (2 Assets, 2 Asset Stock, and 1 Inventory). For some reason, the customer has returned 1 asset and 1 asset stock. The Order still hasn’t been completed, but you want to record this activity. This feature will allow you to make adjustments to your rental items and stock quantity accordingly without the hassle of making multiple Orders.
Similarly, with the setting enabled, you can add more items in a Rented Out Order. For the setting to work, you need to select at least one of the options given i.e. For Administrators/For Staff.
Note: This setting only works for Rented Out Orders and does not apply to Orders with past or future return dates.
Adding Items in a Rented Out Order [How-to]
- Go to a Rented Out Order Details page where you want to add more items. With the setting to edit a Rented Out Order enabled, you will now see a link to ‘Add More Items’ above the Order Line Items Table.
- Click the link to add more items to the Rented Out Order.
- Click the ‘Add’ button and a dialogue box will pop up. You can specify the quantity and location here. Hit ‘Update’.
This is how you add more items to a Rented Out Order. Best for scenarios when you want to add a single item or replacement to a Rented Out Order.
Note: If you’re adding/returning an item from Asset Stock or Inventory, the quantity is adjusted accordingly.
Returning Items in a Rented Out Order – Partial Returns [How-to]
- Go to the Rented Out Order Details page where you want to return items. With the setting to ‘Edit a Rented Out Order’ enabled, you will now see an icon to Return Items on the Order Line Items Table header row.
Click the arrow switch to go to ‘Return’ mode (see image below).
- Items that can be returned will now have a checkbox shown beside them. Select the items that are returned and click the ‘Return’ icon. Hit ‘Proceed’ to finalize the returned items.
The image below shows what Returned Items look like.
This is how you return items to a Rented Out Order. Mostly, customers use this feature to perform partial returns on Orders with multiple items. Useful when a Customer wants to return 1 of the 3 items and requests for a refund.
Note: If you’re adding/returning an item from Asset stock or Inventory, the quantity is adjusted accordingly. This feature works out for existing rented out orders only.
Things to know!
- Rental Pricing for Added/Returned Items: Rental rates for an item (added/returned) will play out according to its rental period.
Say the rental order was made on October 1st and an item was added on October 2nd in this Rented Out Order. For this additional item, the rental rate will apply starting from October 2nd. Now, if the same item was returned on the 3rd instead of the 5th of October, then the rental pricing will be applied till October 3rd for this item.
- Column for ‘Rental Dates’: To identify, when an item was added or returned to a rented out Order, you can use the ‘Rental Dates’ column.
Click the three vertical dots on the Order Line Items table to customize its view. Here, choose ‘Rental Dates’ as one of the columns. Now you can see when an item was added or returned in a rented out Order. See image below:
- Printout template: You can also customize an Order Printout template by adding the ‘Rental Dates’ element in the Order Line Items section.
- Recurrence: You can add/return an item in recurring Orders as well. When you add/return an item in a rented out order (with recurrence set), the effect takes place in the existing order and the next recurring orders till the end of recurrence.
An item added will automatically appear in all the future recurring orders. However, the item returned will not appear in any future recurring orders from there onwards. The stock will be updated accordingly.
- Export Orders in CSV: While exporting Items list from an Order Details page, you can now also export the data on edited rented out orders. The list will show ‘Rental Dates’ data in CSV format.
Learn more about managing Orders in EZRentOut