At EZRentOut, we are committed to provide an unmatched support experience. You may use any of the following possible means of communication with us:
- Email – email@example.com
- Blog – https://blog.ezrentout.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features.
- Contribute your ideas – http://ezrentout.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the products roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them.
FAQs of EZRentOut are listed below:
To change the default currency label from USD to another e.g. GBP, go to Company Settings → Company Profile → Miscellaneous → Enter your preferred currency label.
There is an option in EZRentOut which enables rental businesses to customize the action button label from Company Settings → Custom label. This enables businesses to rename the action button label that best describes it for their staff members. You can customize labels for the Add Stock button that appears on the Asset Stock and Inventory items’ detail page. For example, Purchase Stock for Add Stock button (see image below).
You can choose to display up to a 100 records. To make this change, log in, go to Name -> Settings -> My Settings -> Maximum records per page and change the quantity.
If you go on the dashboard page and right below the calendar there is a ‘Get ICAL URL’ button. This button provides a link which can be integrated to calendars.
You can then go to the Google Calendar -> dropdown beside “Other Calendars” -> Add by URL -> enter the URL but change ‘http’ to ‘webcal’ and hit enter to import an active calendar.
How can I customize the columns on my Asset/Asset Stock/Inventory listings, or the thumbnail view for the same?
Follow these steps:
1. Go to the item listing (Items → Asset/Asset Stock/Inventory)
2. Select the List-view on the left.
3. Make sure the Compact View button is not pressed (if it is, click on it to de-press it).
Left button: List view
Right button: Thumbnail view
4. Scroll to the right and click on the ‘Edit’ icon — the Customize Columns button.
5. You can now customize the columns to your preference. Use the dropdown menus to specify the column (including custom fields), click on the trashcans to delete a column, and add columns using the Add Column button. When finished, press Save.
6. You now have a listing with columns customized to your preference.
The thumbnail view also shows data regarding the item, using the first 4 columns from the list view. So customizing the list view will also reflect in the thumbnail view (to 4 data-points):
How to troubleshoot this error “Attachment has an extension that does not match its contents” when mass importing your dropbox images via excel import in EZRentOut?
To fix this error “Attachment has an extension that does not match its contents” when mass importing images via excel import functionality in EZRentOut, do the following:
You need to make minor tweaks to the shared links (created via DropBox share option) for your display images. The image’s shared URL must end with ‘?raw=1’.
Note: The end must not be missing ‘raw=1’ OR contain ‘dl=0’
See the following example:
Change image’s shared URL from:
We allow our users to customize the size of a column in the listings page by setting up its character limit. To do this, do the following:
– Scroll to the right of the table on any listings page and click on the edit icon — the Customize Columns button.
– Previously, you were able to customize the columns to your preference. Use the drop-down menus to specify the column (including custom fields), click on the trashcans to delete a column, and add columns using the Add Column button. Now, you can also change the character limit for a column.
When you click the 3 vertical dots, the following dialog appears:
– When finished, press ‘Save this view’.
You can only change the character limit for columns that show alphanumeric values in the listings page. Date and numeric fields are not included. This customization is allowed on all listing pages if the edit icon is visible.
Also, Admins can set this customization as default for the new users. The change will not take place for existing users who already have customized their listing view.
By default, EZRentOut uses the US date format throughout the app. However, non-US companies can change this format as per their standard. To do this, go to Settings → Company Profile → Misc. Here, click on the ‘Date Format (Input)’ dropdown menu and choose “dd/mm/yyyy” to set to non-US date format.
Don’t forget to save this change! Scroll down to the Save Settings button after you’ve made the selection.
You can change the way items are displayed in EZRentOut from the viewing options on the left of your Item Listing Page:
There are two types of ways/views you can display Assets:
- List View: Lists down all your items. You can also customize the columns in this view. To learn more, click here.
- Thumbnail View: Shows the images of all your Assets along with their Asset #, name, group, availability, and AIN.
There’s also Location Stock View on Inventory and Asset Stock and Current Checkout View on Asset Stock.
Location Stock View on Inventory and Asset Stock Listing Page
The location Stock view shows stock quantities by location instead of showing one total quantity per item. Users can view stock quantity at each location of an inventory/asset stock using the location stock view on the Inventory and Asset Stock Listings page. See the image below:
On turning on the location view, below is an example of what you would see:
Current Checkout View on Asset Stock
This view shows you all the stock that is checked out. Each stock checkout is listed separately in this view.
To restrict access, go to More → Documents → Upload Documents. Here, choose the files you’d like to upload and enable the ‘Restrict access to administrators’ checkbox, and hit the ‘Upload Documents’ button. Once you do this, the uploaded document will only be accessible to Admins.
You can view the stock quantity of a particular location by turning on the Location Stock view. This is applicable for both Inventory and Asset Stock items.
In this view, you can see the stock quantities by locations – instead of one total quantity per item. Users can enable this view on the Inventory and Asset Stock listing pages.
On turning on the Location Stock view, quantities in respective locations will populate. Below is an example of what you would see:
Note: This view also displays stock quantities of items with different default locations.
On turning off the Location Stock view, you will only see Items for locations set as default.
Current Checkout View on Asset Stock
This view shows you all the checked out Asset Stock. You can see details for each checked out stock quantity in this view.
Learn more about changing views on items’ listing pages.
You can edit a User’s email address from the User Details page. To do this, go to More → Users and select the User in question. Then, click on the ‘Edit’ button.
Here, you can make changes to the email address.
Once you change the email address and hit ‘Update’, the User is sent a confirmation email. The previous email address is not changed unless the new email is confirmed.