At EZRentOut, we are committed to provide an unmatched support experience. You may use any of the following possible means of communication with us:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog – https://blog.ezrentout.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features.
- Contribute your ideas – http://ezrentout.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the products roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them.
FAQs of EZRentOut are listed below:
Mass Data Actions
Yes, we provide easy-to-use canned reports which allow data to be exported into a CSV/PDF file (a common format understood by Microsoft Excel). Explore More -> Reports. Choose your preferred report, fill in the given fields and click ‘Export’.
We also offer custom data migration (export/import) to corporate customers as an add-on service, who feel more comfortable with the migration process be handled by our experts.
Our legacy system contains data fields that are not present in EZRentOut. How do I incorporate these data fields during data import?
Our custom fields feature allows you to add new or custom data fields for the assets and orders. Once you have defined all such fields in our system from More -> Custom Fields, you can simply use the normal Bulk import tool to map your legacy data fields onto the newly defined custom fields during the import process.
Is it possible to migrate my data from our legacy system to EZRentOut? Do you provide any tool to facilitate such ‘data import ’ tasks?
Yes, migrating over your data from your legacy system (Database, Excel spreadsheet, etc) is one of our most popular features. The process is explained here: https://blog.ezrentout.com/how-to-import-items-from-excel-to-ezrentout/. We also offer custom data migration (export/import) to our corporate customers.
Instances like recording bulk item data against the wrong location, or when relocating a warehouse from one place to another – there’s a need to transfer stock quantity in bulk from one location to another. This can create a complex workflow. For this, EZRentOut enables you to transfer asset stock and inventory items in bulk from one location to another using the excel import functionality.
- To do this, go to Asset Stock Listings Page → Click ‘Import from Excel Sheet’ button on the right → Select ‘Transfer Existing Asset Stock’. This will take you to the upload import file page.
- After uploading the file, you’ll need to map the following columns:
These columns should be present in your import file:
- Asset Stock#
Any of the above two can be present for bulk import.
- Stock From (Location name)
- Stock To (Location name)
- Stock From (Location#)
- Stock To (Location#)
In Stock From and Stock To columns, both or either of the two can be present i.e. Location name or Location#
- Price / unit*
- Total Price*
- Comments (Optional)
*If you have both Price/Unit and Total Price defined and present, precedence will be given to Price/Unit.
- Hit ‘Preview’ when done.
- Hit ‘Transfer’ if the preview is good to go.
- Please ensure that there is enough quantity present in ‘Stock From’ location column when moving quantities from one location to another. An error will pop up if the import for a specific stock quantity isn’t successful.
- If a ‘Stock To’ location name or location# isn’t defined in the import file, and you have enabled ‘if not present, create location’ option, the transfer will not be successful for this item. Name such a location as ‘no location’ in your import file for successful data import.
Things you need to know!
- If a location (only Stock To location) isn’t present in your account, you can choose to create it when mapping the columns (as shown in the ‘Map Columns’ image above)
- While importing bulk transfer stock data, you can map only one of the two i.e. either location# or the location name in Stock From and Stock To columns. If Location name is mapped, location# will be disabled and vice versa.
As explained above, you can follow the same steps to transfer inventory stock in bulk from one location to another.
Deleting an asset permanently removes it from the system. We recommend that you “Retire” assets that are no longer needed.
Only the account owner can delete assets/inventory records in bulk to clean the account.
1) From Settings -> Company Settings -> Asset Deletion, enable ‘Allow account owner to delete in mass, as shown below.
Note: Make sure you save the settings by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
2) Then go to your items listing page, select all the items that you need, and delete them from the Actions drop down -> DeleteNote: You can increase the records per page from Settings -> My Settings to max i.e. 100. It will enable you to delete 100 records in a go.
Data backups are offered through Dropbox. You can enable this option from Settings -> Add Ons -> Periodic Data Backup -> Add Dropbox account.
Following components are synced over:
Checkout and Check-in Events
All Active Assets
All Asset Stock
Asset Stock Checkout Events
Order Line Items
This data is added as separate csv files with time stamps, once every day.
How to troubleshoot this error “Attachment has an extension that does not match its contents” when mass importing your dropbox images via excel import in EZRentOut?
To fix this error “Attachment has an extension that does not match its contents” when mass importing images via excel import functionality in EZRentOut, do the following:
You need to make minor tweaks to the shared links (created via DropBox share option) for your display images. The image’s shared URL must end with ‘?raw=1’.
Note: The end must not be missing ‘raw=1’ OR contain ‘dl=0’
See the following example:
Change image’s shared URL from:
- Determine which columns in your excel sheet map to which fields in EZRentOut. Here’s a comprehensive data dictionary that explains the data fields in EZRentOut.
- If there are certain fields that you need that aren’t present in EZRentOut, create custom fields from Items –> Custom Attributes for them before the import.
- Ensure all AINs(Asset Identification Numbers) are unique and only contain numbers and alphabets (no special characters or spaces) if you’re using AINs.
- All names should be at least 3 characters long.
- All dates should be in the MM/DD/YYYY format.
- For yes/no fields e.g. Retire?, put yes against assets that should be in the retired state upon import.
- When importing inventory records, if you are specifying quantity to be added to stock, Stock Price column must also be mapped.
- The Late Fee should be in the format: <amount><space><duration>. An acceptable example in ’25 hourly’ which translates to a late fee rate of $25 per hour.
- The Rental Meter Threshold should only be provided in minutes. For a threshold of 2 hours, you will have to input 2 x 60 which is 120 as the value.
- There should not be any merged cells in your excel sheet.
- There should only be one excel sheet in the file you’re uploading. If your items are spread across various sheets within the same file, split these sheets into separate excel files and upload separately.
Explore the complete guide on importing items in EZRentOut.
You can charge payment for multiple orders to the same or different customers in one go. To do this, do the following:
- Go to Orders listing page and multi-select orders you need to charge payment for.
- Click on ‘Actions’ and select ‘Charge Payments’.
3. A dialog box will appear for Order Payments (see image below). Here you can configure details such as payment date, preferred payment gateway, order payment specifics, and comments.
Note: CC payments can only be charged to customers with their cards saved on-file.
4. Hit ‘Charge Payment’ once done. Here’s what you should see next:
Things you should know!
– If you have enabled multiple payment gateways in Settings > Add Ons > Enable Payments through Credit Card, you can choose the one you prefer via a drop-down menu in the Order Payments’ dialog box as illustrated above.
– We do not support this feature when charging payments via PayPal and Square.
– The system automatically chooses the current date as the payment date if you have opted for CC as your payment method. In case of other payment methods, the system allows you to select any of the previous dates. This helps you to record data on payments received in the past
– You can also edit the Payment Amount and Payment Method for the orders individually.
– The mass action payment feature allows you to add ‘Comments’ for the selected orders. You can view these comments in pricing table of all the charged orders.
Tip: You can mention the Order Number in the comments to make them more specific as shown below.