At EZRentOut, we are committed to provide an unmatched support experience. You may use any of the following possible means of communication with us:
- Email – email@example.com
- Blog – https://blog.ezrentout.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features.
- Contribute your ideas – http://ezrentout.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the products roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them.
FAQs of EZRentOut are listed below:
There are two ways to add a legal agreement / disclaimer / rental agreement / liability clause to an invoice:
1. Add the clauses by going to Settings -> Policy -> Default Invoice Template -> Message on Invoice. This only applies to the default templates in the system.
2. Go to More -> Order Printouts -> New Order Printout Template (and then select the appropriate option). Edit the subsection called ‘Details after line items’. Remove all the entries within this and then click the ‘…’ sign. Choose the Single Column option.
Then click the +Add sign and select the Free Text. Once done, click ‘Free text’ and enter the clauses in the ‘Customize Field’ Overlay.
Recommended reading: Capturing electronic signatures in EZRentOut
To do this, you will have to customize an invoice template for Orders having bundle line items. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to More → Printout Templates → Orders → Click ‘New Printout Template’.
- Choose ‘Invoice’ as your Order printout type, and hit ‘Start Designing Template’.
- In the Order Line items section, click on the three horizontal dots (…) shown on the right side (see image below). An overlay will appear.
- On the overlay, select ‘Do not list contents of a bundle’ and hit ‘OK’ (see image below).
Once you are done designing the invoice template, hit ‘Create’. Choose the template e.g. Invoice for Bundle Line items’ as your default invoice template from the Order Printout Templates page.
Here is how the invoice having bundles in an Order will appear now:
Learn More on how to customize Order printouts in EZRentOut.
Here’s how it works:
1) From an order’s detail page, use the email option icon (see image below).
Note: This option will play out only if the customer has an email address added to the customer details. Learn More
2) An overlay will appear. You can add details/subject as needed. Choose an Order Printout type and template under ‘Send Print Order’. Then hit the ‘Insert’ link.
A ‘signature pad’ must be added to the Order Printout template you are emailing to the customer. Learn More on Customizing Order Printouts.
3) Hit ‘Send Email’ from the bottom of this overlay. Check ‘attach an invoice’ to receive a pdf file when the customer submit the signed invoice. You can also ask the customer for payment and send a copy to yourself.
Tip: Make sure that ‘Invoice Signed By Customer’ is checked in MORE -> My Alerts. Learn More
4) The customer will receive an email alert with a preview of the agreement/invoice, a place to sign, and a button to submit it. Learn More about alerts for customers.
5) Once the customer signs and hits ‘submit’, you’ll receive an email alert of the Invoice signed and the pdf will be available under Documents tab on the relevant order (see images below).
You can charge a payment for multiple Orders to the same or different Customers in one go. To do this, do the following:
- Go to the Order Listings page and multi-select Orders you need to charge a payment for.
- Click on ‘Actions’ and select ‘Charge Payments’.
3. A dialog box will appear for Order Payments (see image below). Here you can configure details such as payment date, preferred payment gateway, Order payment specifics, and comments.
Note: CC payments can only be charged to Customers with their cards saved on-file.
4. Hit ‘Charge Payment’ once done. Here’s what you should see next:
Things you should know!
– If you have enabled multiple payment gateways in Settings → Add Ons → Enable Payments through Credit Card, you can choose the one you prefer via a drop-down menu in the Order Payments’ dialog box as illustrated above.
– We do not support this feature when charging payments via PayPal and Square.
– The system automatically chooses the current date as the payment date if you have opted for CC as your payment method. In the case of other payment methods, the system allows you to select any of the previous dates. This helps you to record data on payments received in the past
– You can also edit the Payment Amount and Payment Method for the orders individually.
– The mass action payment feature allows you to add ‘Comments’ for the selected Orders. You can view these comments in the pricing table of all the charged Orders.
Tip: You can mention the Order Number in the comments to make them more specific as shown below.
EZRentOut supports the Wacom Intuos Pen Tablets for capturing electronic signatures. This enables more convenient signature capture to make the order process smoother.
Here is everything you need to set up electronic signatures using Wacom Intuos Pen Tablets on EZRentOut:
- Prepare your Wacom Intuos Pen Tablet (Recommended Model: Wacom Intuos (CTH-690))
- Plug the USB cable into your tablet and computer
- Download and Install Driver for MAC and Windows here
- Restart your computer and follow the instructions to set up your Intuos Pen Tablet
- Download Software for your Wacom Intuos Pen Tablet.
Once you have your hardware and corresponding files installed, you can start using Wacom Pen Tablet for electronic signature captures on EZRentOut.
How To Fix Wacom Tablet Pen Not Working on Windows?
Scenario: The pen does not work properly and draws only dots when you drag the pen to capture signatures.
You may face this issue when using the Wacom Tablet Pen on Windows for EZRentOut. It happens because of Windows Ink being enabled in your tablet properties. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
1) Open Wacom Tablet Properties
2) Select the tab named ‘Mapping’
3) Uncheck the ‘Use Windows Ink’ checkbox.
After following the above steps, you should not face this issue again.
If you are trying to sync an invoice from EZRentOut to QuickBooks Online, you might come across the following error:
This error occurs because midway the sync, your connection is lost. As a result of this, the invoice is created in QuickBooks but is not linked to EZRentOut yet. Another indicator of this error is the fact that the “QuickBooks Online Synced At” field on the Orders Detail page has no timestamp.
To solve this error, simply delete the invoice from QuickBooks and then sync again with a more stable connection.