At EZRentOut, we are committed to provide an unmatched support experience. You may use any of the following possible means of communication with us:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog – https://blog.ezrentout.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features.
- Contribute your ideas – http://ezrentout.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the products roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them.
FAQs of EZRentOut are listed below:
Check out our blog to differentiate between an asset, asset stock and inventory: https://blog.ezrentout.com/how-to-differentiate-types-of-items-in-ezrentout/
To trigger a low stock alert when the quantity falls below a user-defined threshold, first enable the alert by going to More -> Alerts -> My Alerts -> Items (Alert type) -> Check ‘Send low stock threshold alert’.
Second, edit the Inventory or Asset Stock and set the threshold amount in ‘Low Stock Threshold’ and ‘Location Threshold’ fields. The former is the total quantity of the inventory or asset stock, and the latter is for the total quantity of inventory or asset stock at any location.
You can also view the ‘low stock’ quantities from the Notifications bell within the app.
To undo a sale or stock addition, use the Stock History button on the right side of the inventory detail page. In the stock history details, click the ‘x’ at the right side of the action you need to undo.
Instances like recording bulk item data against the wrong location, or when relocating a warehouse from one place to another – there’s a need to transfer stock quantity in bulk from one location to another. This can create a complex workflow. For this, EZRentOut enables you to transfer asset stock and inventory items in bulk from one location to another using the excel import functionality.
- To do this, go to Asset Stock Listings Page → Click ‘Import from Excel Sheet’ button on the right → Select ‘Transfer Existing Asset Stock’. This will take you to the upload import file page.
- After uploading the file, you’ll need to map the following columns:
These columns should be present in your import file:
- Asset Stock#
Any of the above two can be present for bulk import.
- Stock From (Location name)
- Stock To (Location name)
- Stock From (Location#)
- Stock To (Location#)
In Stock From and Stock To columns, both or either of the two can be present i.e. Location name or Location#
- Price / unit*
- Total Price*
- Comments (Optional)
*If you have both Price/Unit and Total Price defined and present, precedence will be given to Price/Unit.
- Hit ‘Preview’ when done.
- Hit ‘Transfer’ if the preview is good to go.
- Please ensure that there is enough quantity present in ‘Stock From’ location column when moving quantities from one location to another. An error will pop up if the import for a specific stock quantity isn’t successful.
- If a ‘Stock To’ location name or location# isn’t defined in the import file, and you have enabled ‘if not present, create location’ option, the transfer will not be successful for this item. Name such a location as ‘no location’ in your import file for successful data import.
Things you need to know!
- If a location (only Stock To location) isn’t present in your account, you can choose to create it when mapping the columns (as shown in the ‘Map Columns’ image above)
- While importing bulk transfer stock data, you can map only one of the two i.e. either location# or the location name in Stock From and Stock To columns. If Location name is mapped, location# will be disabled and vice versa.
As explained above, you can follow the same steps to transfer inventory stock in bulk from one location to another.
Companies have different ways to reorder quantity for different items. Some like to order a quantity that will bring the item to its required threshold. Others practice a fixed formula or even define a fixed value for each item. No matter what your use case may be, EZRentOut has a solution for reordering quantity.
For seamless replenishment, you can now specify a default reorder quantity for each asset stock and inventory item in EZRentOut.
To do this, go to the item’s details page –> Click ‘Edit’ –> Extended Information –> Define ‘Reorder Quantity’ here. Hit ‘Update’.
What happens next? So whenever you add such an item to a purchase order, the quantity to be ordered is reset to its defined reorder quantity. As you can see the quantity specified in the PO pricing table below is set to ‘12’ which was defined as the reorder quantity (as shown in the image above). This quantity can be edited if required.
You can also show the ‘reorder quantity’ field in all your asset stock and inventory reports, and their respective modules in custom reports.
You can choose to hide this field in stock items detail pages. Learn more.