At EZRentOut, we are committed to provide an unmatched support experience. You may use any of the following possible means of communication with us:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog – https://blog.ezrentout.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features.
- Contribute your ideas – http://ezrentout.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the products roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them.
FAQs of EZRentOut are listed below:
Your company domain/URL can be configured to have an additional web address, meaning yourcompany.com can also support rentals.yourcompany.com. One way to do this is to add a CNAME record (also known as Canonical Name record) to your domain.
To add a CNAME to your domain, you’ll need to log into your Domain Registrar’s DNS manager. In case you forgot who you bought your domain from, search for your domain at http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois.
Here are the steps for adding a CNAME in GoDaddy. Skip steps 1 to 2 if you have a different registrar.
1. Log in to your GoDaddy DNS account.
2. Click on the user icon in the top right, then go to My Products > your chosen domain > DNS.
3. On the Records page, click the ‘Add’ button on the bottom right:
4. Choose ‘CNAME’ from the dropdown:
5. In the ‘Host’ field, enter the CNAME you want to use with your current URL (for example ‘rentals’ for rentals.mywebsite.com)
6. In the ‘Points To’ section, enter your WebStore URL (for example, yourcompanyname.ezrentalstore.com)
You can also use your Admin login URL if you don’t have a Webstore and want your staff to use your corporate URL (for example, yourcompanyname.ezrentout.com).
7. Click ‘Save’.
Note: It can take up to 72 hours for the changes to be made.
I’m getting a “Web Store URL is not configured properly” error when I attempt to validate my custom URL
Configuring the Web Store to use your Domain is a two-step process:
1. Forwarding your domain’s traffic to our server. This requires asking your DNS provider to point your URL to our server. The instructions to forward your DNS provider are given in the Settings -> Store Settings -> Steps for Web Store URL.
2. Letting us know to expect traffic from your domain. This requires specifying the domain from Step 1 in the Settings -> Store Settings -> Web Store URL.
That’s it! To check if everything’s working, click the ‘Validate Web Store URL’ button, and do remember to save the settings! If you get an error that your domain is not configured properly, reach out to your DNS provider to confirm if they’ve configured your domain properly.